Sefton 4 Good is pleased to announce that we are opening our latest funding round on Thursday 24th October.
The aim of the Sefton 4 Good Fund is to make Sefton a great place to live and work by funding activities that will have a positive impact on local communities.
Local community organisations to apply for up to £1,000 in funding to support their work, providing it meets one of more of the following priorities:
- Developing skills, education and employment
- Alleviating poverty, hardship and social exclusion
- Improving the lives of people with long term illness / disability
- Activities for disadvantaged children and young people
- Improving health and wellbeing of older people
- Bringing people together/Harmonious living
- Improving the environment in Sefton
Previous recipients of Sefton 4 Good grants have included:
- Plaza Community Cinema – to help pilot their dementia-friendly film screenings
- the Swan Women’s Centre – to support volunteer training
- Hightown Beach Clean Group – to provide equipment which allowed more volunteers to get involved
- Ainsdale Lunch & Leisure – to provide raised beds for their community garden
Since 2016 Sefton 4 Good has distributed over £25,000 between more than 40 local community organisations across Sefton, all of who have a positive impact on Sefton and its residents.
The grants have been funded through a combination of Sefton 4 Good’s own fundraising and contributions from Sefton Council’s Community Transition Fund and Living Well Sefton.
The deadline for applications is 5pm on Friday 6th December 2019, with funding likely to be distributed in January 2020.
For further information regarding Sefton 4 Good, including its grants programme, email info@sefton4Good.org.uk or call 0151 920 0726.